Apply For Housing Here
Choose Your Language
To provide safe, decent and sanitary housing conditions for very low-income individuals and families.
PRE-APPLICATIONS FOR ORANGE COUNTY LOCAL RENT SUPPLEMENT PROGRAM (OC-LRSP)
Online Waiting List Pre-Application
Welcome to the Orange County Housing Authority’s (OCHA) pre-application for the Local Rent Supplement Program. For more details on OCHA’s programs and eligibility requirements, please visit ORANGE COUNTY DEPT. OF HOUSING AND COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT.
PRE-APPLICATION PROCESS:To begin your application, please select the green “start here” box below. You must complete the entire pre-application in order to be placed on the Waiting List. Applications will not be available in the agency offices, and fax or e-mail requests will not be accepted. Applicants may use any computer, tablet, or smartphone to apply, including free computers at public libraries, if available.
Once your application is submitted, you will be given a confirmation number and information on how to manage your application moving forward.
- Full Names (First Name, Middle Initial and Last Name)
- Social Security Numbers (if applicable)
- Birth Dates
- Estimated Gross Income
- Valid Mailing Address
- Valid Email Address
- An applicant must qualify as an individual or family as defined by OC-LRSP.
- Head of household must be at least 18 years of age at the time of this pre-application or an emancipated minor by an applicable court of jurisdiction, consistent with North Carolina law.
- Individuals or Families must have an annual income at the time of admission that does not exceed the established income limits according to the maximum income by family size established by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
- Applicant and all adult members within the household must pass a criminal background check.
- Applicant or any member of the household that has ever been convicted of manufacturing or producing methamphetamine on the premises of any federally-assisted housing or any family household member that is subject to a lifetime registration requirement under a state sex offender registration program will not be eligible for housing assistance.
- Applicant and all members of the household must provide documentation of social security numbers for all persons living in the household or certify that they do not have social security numbers at the time of the initial eligibility interview.
- Applicant and all members of the household must meet HUD requirements on citizenship or immigration status, with the exception of undocumented applicants.
- Applicant or any member of the family who currently owes rent or other amounts to any other housing authority will not be offered assistance until the outstanding balance is paid in full.
SMARTPHONE OR TABLET:
- If you are using a smartphone or tablet, please make sure you have the most recent update to the operating system installed before completing the application using your device. If you do not have the most recent operating system, you may encounter errors such as “incorrect phone number format.”
- If you are unable to update your device’s operating system or you continue to have trouble submitting your application, please try submitting from a desktop computer.
Applicants needing a reasonable accommodation, free language assistance, or who require this information in an alternative format are encouraged to submit a request to either the Department of Housing and Community Development at 300 West Tryon Street, Hillsborough, NC 27278, or any of the local human service agencies in advance of the Waiting List opening.
Applications can be received anytime during the Wait List period, June 17-24, 2019. Applicants will receive a confirmation number to acknowledge successful transmission of the application. PLEASE HAVE PAPER AND PEN READY TO WRITE DOWN YOUR CONFIRMATION NUMBER.The Orange County Local Rent Supplement Program does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, marital status, familial status, national origin, age, pregnancy, disability, ancestry, or sexual orientation in the access to, admission into, or employment in housing programs or activities.
Enter your Agent Code here...